Announcing Dragon Version 10
The Best of Class in Speech Recognition Just Gets Better
ANNOUNCING DRAGON NATURALLYSPEAKING VERSION 10!
Nuance has announced the release of the latest version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking for the Professional, Preferred, and Legal versions. We are currently taking pre-orders and our understanding is that shipping will begin in mid-August. However, we currently have no information on when the Medical or Small Practice versions will be available for order or shipping.
Here are some of the new features you'll see:
- Improved Accuracy - 20% less errors than version 9's already impressive accuracy!
- Voice Shortcuts for Desktop Search - say "Search documents for planning meeting" (requires Vista Search or Google Desktop)
- Voice Shortcuts for Web Search - say "Search the web for Italian restaurants in Boston", "search E-bay for Belgian waffle irons"
- Voice Shortcuts for E-mail and Calendar - say "Send e-mail to Allan Doyle" or "schedule a meeting about project schedule" (requires Microsoft Outlook)
- Quick Voice Editing and Formatting - allows delete, bold, copy, cut and similar commands to apply directly to text - e.g. "bold Dragon NaturallySpeaking" would bold those words further up in the text
- Numbered Navigation - navigate websites by number
- Word Properties Dialog Enhancements - additional options allow even more control over how Dragon handles specialized terms
- New Interface for Formatting Options - more control over the formatting that Dragon does
- New User Training Options
- Scheduled Accuracy Training
As always, the technology requirements for new software have increased:
Version 10 requires:
- 1 GHz Processor (Zephyr-TEC recommends 2.4 GHZ or Dual Core)
- Windows 2000 (SP4+), Windows XP Pro/Home (32-bit only), Windows Vista (32-bit only)
- 1 GB RAM (Zephyr-TEC recommends 2 GB)
- 512 KB L2 Cache (Zephyr-TEC recommends 1 MB)
- 2 GB free disk space for installation
- DVD Drive for installation
- Microsoft IE 6 or higher
As always, you can call us to order, or use these links to order from our Web Store:
*You cannot upgrade from version 7 or earlier; you must buy a full version for the product to install. Upgrade special prices expire September 30, 2008.
We will have versions of our macros for version 10. These will be available at a future date (once we've finished finalizing them) - watch for that newsletter shortly!
And, of course, we offer training and technical support with the new version as well:
For more information or if you have any questions, give us a call: