3D Mic system for best audio quality and accurate speech-recognition results
The breakthrough 3D Mic technology uses the built-in microphones to always deliver best recording results: an omnidirectional microphone offering 360 degree sound pick-up, ideal for the recording of multiple sound sources such as meetings, and a unidirectional microphone optimized for voice recording and accurate speech-recognition results.
Built-in motion sensor for automatic microphone selection
The built-in motion sensor senses when the device is placed on the desk or held in the hand and selects the microphone accordingly to suit the recording situation. The motion sensor switches automatically into standby mode when the device is idle. Once the Pocket Memo is picked up again, it's ready to record within seconds.
Ergonomic slide switch for efficient single-handed operation
The quick-response and ergonomic slide switch is designed for singlehanded operation of all recording and playback functions, allowing easy and quick file editing (insert, overwrite, append). It operates with a light sensor signal, making it wear-free and durable.
Robust stainless steel casing for extra durabilityThe asymmetrical and ergonomic shape fits perfectly into your hand. Its slim and lightweight design maximizes comfort, even when working over longer periods of time. The brushed stainless steel creates a robust and highly durable protective shell around the device.
SpeechExec workflow software for efficient data management
The SpeechExec Pro software organizes the workflow of dictation files and resulting documents between author and transcriptionist, and allows you to monitor the status of your work.
Large color display and clear user interface for easy, intuitive operation
The large full-color display offers sharp images, making it easier to see everything at first glance. The clear user interface is optimized for easy, intuitive operation.
Docking station for fast battery charging and hands-free recording
The stable and superior docking station provides speedy charging and automatic transfer of your recording to your computer. With an optional foot control connected, the docking station enables hands-free recording and transcription even without a computer.
Light and motion sensors for extended battery life
The high-capacity Li-ion battery can be easily charged through a standard micro USB jack. The integrated light and motion sensors guarantee extended battery life. The smart technology adjusts the brightness of the display and switches automatically into stand-by mode when the device is idle, ensuring that your recorder will always be ready to work when you are.
File encryption and device PIN lock for high data security
Recordings can be encrypted in real time using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with a key length of 256 bits. AES provides a very high degree of security and has been approved in the USA for the most highly classified government information. The device itself can be assigned a PIN code to protect against unauthorized use or file playback.
Integrated barcode scanner for streamlined documentation
The integrated barcode scanner enables you to link client or patient data to a recording by simply scanning over a barcode, even from a display.* This ensures reliable assignment of client or patient IDs and speeds up your workflow.
Remote management support for time-saving deployment and maintenance
The Philips SpeechExec Remote Device Manager software allows IT administrators to centrally manage, configure and update dictation hardware from Philips, saving valuable time and resources. Managing device settings for individuals, groups and teams or the whole organization is easily done remotely.
Classic mode for clear and easy-to-use operation
Many users still love their analog devices for their simplicity and userfriendliness. The optional classic mode gives the user the look and feel of working with an analog device while retaining the advantages of digital technology and keep focused on the essentials.
* Scanning results may vary depending on barcode quality, as well as monitor resolution and settings
- Memory Card Slot: Yes
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Encryption Standard: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with 256 bits
- Headphone Connectivity: 3.5 mm
- Exchangeable Memory Card: Yes
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz (MP3), 22.05 kHz (PCM), 16 kHz (DSS QP), 12 kHz (DSS SP)
- Speaker Type: built-in round, dynamic speaker
- Diagonal Screen Size: 2.4 inches / 6.1 cm
- Dimensions: 53 × 123 × 15 mm / 2.1 × 4.8 × 0.6 inche
- Built-in Microphone: 1 directional microphone, 1 microphone for 360 degree recording
- Docking Connector: Yes
- User Identification via PIN Code: Yes
- Mass Storage Class Compliant: Yes
- Bit Rate: 13.7 kbit/s (DSS SP), 28 kbit/s (DSS QP), 192 kbit/s (MP3), 353 kbit/s (PCM Voice), 705 kbit/s (PCM Stereo)
- Battery Type: Philips rechargeable Li-ion battery ACC8100
- Real Time File Encryption: Yes
- Acoustic Frequency Response: 300 – 7500 Hz
- Recording Format: DSS/DSS Pro (Digital Speech Standard), MP3, PCM
- Durability: MIL-STD-810G 516.6 certified for shock resistance
- Microphone Connectivity: 3.5 mm
- Resolution: 320 × 240 pixels
- Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
- Operation: Slide-switch operation (record, stop, play, fast rewind) Integrated barcode scanner
- Compatible Bar Codes: UPC–A, UPC–E, EAN–8, EAN–13, Code 128, GS1–128, ISBT 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Inverse 1D, GS1 DataBar, Matrix 2 of 5
- Charging Time (Full Charge): 3 hours
- Data Transfer Speed: 6.75 MB/s read speed, 5.0 MB/s write speed
- Display Type: color TFT
- Edit Modes: insert (DSS/DSS Pro), overwrite (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM), append (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM)
- Recording Modes: DSS QP (.ds2/mono), DSS SP (.dss/mono), MP3 (.mp3/stereo), PCM Voice (.wav/mono), PCM Stereo (.wav/stereo)
- Weight: 117 g/4.1 oz including battery and memory card
- Standby Time: more than 200 days
- Recording Time (4 GB Memory Card): 700 hours (SP), 350 hours (QP), 50 hours (MP3), 27 hours (PCM Voice), 13 hours (PCM Stereo)
- Device Lock with PIN Code: Yes
- Number of Supported User IDs: 40
- Bar Code Scan Engine: CCD-based, single line
- Speaker Output Power: > 200 mW
- Battery Lifetime: up to 30 hours of recording (DSS Pro mode)