3-D Mic System for Best Audio Quality
The new 3D microphone technology offers both an omni-directional microphone offering 360 degree sound capture (great for meetings and conference recordings) as well as a high quality uni-directional microphone optimized for dictation and NaturallySpeaking integration.
High Resolution Color Display
The incredibly large, brilliant full color display produces sharp images making it easier to see everything at a glance. This interface offers easy, intuitive operation.
Classic Mode to Replicate Dictation Tapes
The display can be changed to give the user the look and feel of working with a tape recorder (while retaining the advantages of digital technology).
Built in Motion Sensor
If you've ever walked away and left the recorder on, you'll love the new built-in motion sensor. This new technology senses whether the device is stationary, on a desk or work surface, or in motion, in your hand. The motion sensor switches automatically to standby mode when the device is idle. Once the DPM is picked up again, the microphone is ready to record within seconds.
Redesigned to ergonomically fit your hand even when used for longer periods of time, the DPM-8000 is slim and lightweight. And it's good-looking with a durable, brushed stainless steel body designed to protect your recorder in style.
Wear-Free Slide Switch
The new slide switch uses state-of-the-art light sensing technology, instead of mechanical components, making one hand use easier than ever for recording, playback and file editing.
Extended Battery Runtime
The high-capacity Li-ion battery can be easily charged through a standard micro USB jack. The integrated light and motion sensors guarantee extended battery light. The smart technology adjusts the brightness of the display and switches automatically to standby mode when the device is idle.
Hands Free Recording with Foot Pedal
Just plug the optional Philips foot switch into the back of the docking station to control record and playback functions with the foot pedal.
Integrated Barcode Scanner (DPM 8500)
The integrated barcode scanner enables you to link client or patient data to a recording by simply scanning over a barcode. This ensures reliable assignment of client or patient IDs and speeds up your workflow.
SpeechExec Workflow Software
The SpeechExec Pro software organizes the workflow of dictation files and resulting documents between author and transcriptionist as you to monitor the status of your work.
Upload a Client/Patient List
A client/patient list can be uploaded to the recorder, allowing the user to specify who the recording is about. Demographic information included in the list can then be automatically incorporated into a template during transcription.
- Battery: high-capacity Li-ion battery
- Mass Storage Class Compliant: Yes
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Control: Slide-switch operations
- Dimensions: 53 × 123 × 15 mm
- Number of Supported User IDs: 40
- Recording Time: up to 700 hours (SP)
- Weight: 117 g (including battery)
- Memory Card Slot: Yes
- Resolution: 320 × 240 pixels
- Bit Rate: 13.7 kbit/s - 705 kbit/s
- Acoustic Frequency Response: 300 – 7500 Hz
- Standby Time: more than 200 days
- Diagonal Screen Size: 2.4 inches / 6.1 cm
- Recoridng Modes: DSS QP, DSS SP, MP3, PCM
- Charging Time: 3 hr
- Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
- Headphone Connectivity: 3.5 mm
- Built-in Microphone: One directional, one 360°
- Battery Lifetime: up to 23 hours of recording
- Motion Sensor: Built-in motion sensor for automatic microphone selection
- Docking Connector: Yes
- Sample Rate (kHz): 44.1 (MP3) - 12 (DSS SP)
- Microphone Technology: 3D Mic system for best audio quality
- Docking Station: Docking station for fast battery charging
- Speaker Type: built-in dynamic speaker
- Microphone Connectivity: 3.5 mm
- Exchangeable Memory Card: Yes
- Speaker Output Power: 200 mW
- Security: File encryption and device PIN lock for high data security
- Data Transfer Speed: 6.75 MB/s read, 5.0 MB/s write
- Recording Format: DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM
- Memory Card Types: Micro SD, Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital (SDHC)
- Edit Modes: insert, overwrite, append